VIRTUAL TOUR TIP: Click the pictures to see them in their full-sized glory. :)
Here's the TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read) Version of These Tips:
- Clearly label your pages to guide your viewers.
- Make sure your name is somewhere on the homepage so the students/parents know they've come to the right place.
- At-a-glance classroom news on the homepage is useful when you don't have time to read detailed plans in the classroom agenda.
- Embedded links help students find resources quickly and easily.
- Have elements of fun on your page, like countdown clocks and cheesy jokes.
- Include buttons that link up to the outside websites your classes use frequently.
- Class agendas help keep everyone on the same page every day (even absent kids).
- Have a page dedicated to classroom resources, such as printables and notes.
- Bios make teachers more relatable to their students.
- Make sure your contact information is readily available.
I'll be back soon with a post about how you can easily use Wix* to create a free, beautiful website!
Happy 3-Day Weekend!
*For the record, Wix isn't giving me anything for writing this post. I'm not necessarily even writing to convince you to use Wix, although I honestly love the look and utility of it.